Course descriptionAre you - or is someone you know - struggling with a recent CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia) diagnosis and wondering how you can become empowered to manage your health moving forward? Or, do you care for someone who has CLL and are seeking community support as well as more CLL resources? Sign up for CLL 101 and you’ll learn more about CLL from an empowered patient perspective.
Together, with the Patient Empowerment Network, we asked people living with CLL:
- What do you wish you would have known when you first were diagnosed?
- What do you want newly diagnosed people to know about living with CLL?
- What kind of mindset do CLL patients need to have?
- What resources are essential for CLL patients and their families?
You'll find answers to these questions (and more!) by enrolling in CLL 101.
CLL 101 is an online course offered through ePatient101.com created in partnership with the Patient Empowerment Network and Intake.me. By taking this course, you will receive:
- An overview of CLL
- Facts about CLL
- Curated links and resources
- Knowledge Quizzes
- Printable checklists with questions to ask your doctor
- Why you should immediately get a second, expert opinion
- Tips on building your healthcare team, and how your local doctor can work with a CLL expert to provide the best treatment
- Where to find the latest CLL research, clinical trials and other treatment options.
Plus, we’ve opened up the comments so you can ask questions from other CLL 101 students who are taking the course.
This site provides general information. Please talk to your own doctor to make healthcare decisions that are right for you.
Joan Justice is Executive Director at the Patient Empowerment Network. Joan has a background in healthcare and business. She received her nursing degree from L’Ecole d’Infirmiers in Nice, France and her MBA from SUNY Buffalo. Joan has held upper level managerial positions in domestic and international marketing for several large medical device manufacturers. Most recently, she managed HealthWorks Collective, the healthcare website in the Social Media Today network.
Joan lives in Charlottesville, Virgina where she regularly volunteers at the Charlottesville Free Clinic and for Service Dogs of Virginia. She enjoys the outdoors and is an avid runner and horseback rider.
Interested in offering this course to your patients, your clients, your organization or your patient community? Please contact team Intake.me here.